Former Manchester United defender Fabio da Silva said that he is happy to be back in the Premier League for Middlesbrough.
The former Cardiff player has signed a two-year contract that will see him play for the Premier Leauge side for the next two seasons.
He made his debut in the match against Chelsea and had since then featured in several games against Fulham, Leicester City, and Hull.
Fabio da Silva said that he is doing his best to impress his coach and to ensure that he gets into the first team.
He stated that it was a wonderful thing for him to be playing again in the Premier League and it is up to him to ensure that he makes an impact in the team.
He believes that he has the necessary qualities to play at this level, but he needs to be consistent in his performance if he wants to get a regular place in the team. Indeed Fabio da Silva has always been criticized for his inconsistency ever since his time at Manchester United, and he said that he wants to change this perception.
He said that he is happy to play for Middlesbrough and that there is a good atmosphere within the team. He stated that there are some quality players here and that they have so far made a good start to the season. You just have to see the result against the bigger side to find out that the players are fighting on the pitch.
Fabio da Silva said that it is an excellent opportunity for him to prove that he can play at the highest level after having a couple of seasons in the Championship. He said that the manager has been good to him and that he has allowed him to get back his confidence.
Middleborough defender Fabio da Silva has expressed shock at the recent plane crash that claimed the lives of Brazilian-based Chapecoense football club players.
Fabio said he had two friends on the LaMia Airlines flight that crashed in Colombian mountain killing 71 teammates and staffs of Chapecoense football club. Although one of his friends had survived the deadly crash, Fabio still feels pity for all those who had died in the ill-fated plane crash.
Fabio who looked downcast when a one-minute silent was observed in memory of the victims of the plane crash said: "A lot of those guys who died were just like me. Starting their football at a young age, leaving home and their family to follow a dream.”
Fabio was in the same Fluminense youth team as Alan Ruschel and Marcelo Augusto Mathias da Silva when he plied his trade in Brazil. Although distance had seemed to reduce the time this trio spent together, their closeness and friendship never waned.
Fabio stated that the three of them had played in the same team Fluminense youth team while they were 13 and 14 years old respectively. Although three players had survived the wreckage that climbed about 77 lives on November 28, the world was throwing into mourning the moment the crash was announced. Fabio added that it was such an emotional moment watching one of the survivors on TV talking about his experience.
Fabio further added that he had read an initial report about the plane crash but was confused about news surrounding the crash. However, he was convinced beyond reasonable doubts when he picked up his phone and saw lots of missed calls and emotional messages from friends concerning the plane crash that had claimed 77 players and staff of Chapecoense football club.
For now, the whole world is mourning, and it may take time before the football world fully recovers from this unexpected strategy.
The head coach of MiddlesbroughAitorKaranka, might have a busy winter transfer window ahead as the 43 year old Spanish manager has a number of players that have not been able to get any time on the pitch and this is mostly due to injuries more than anything else but as the transfer window is nearing closer of being unlocked, this can give AitorKaranka with the chance to make some moves in the transfer market and switch or offload his fringe players.
Fabio Da Silva is one of those fringe players of Middlesbrough who has not started in any of the 10 opening Premier League matches of his club during this season and there is a chance of seeing the Brazilian defender being offloaded from the Premier League club, considering his drop to the sidelines.
In the 2 opening seasons that Fabio da Silva spent performing for Middlesbrough, he was able to make consistent performances for the English club as he was an influential player for the club but things have taken a turn for the worst for Fabio da Silva as he is spending more and more time on the bench and taking into consideration that the winter transfer window is only a few months away, it’s not so hard to believe that Fabio da Silva could be transferred away and AitorKaranka could create enough funds to sign a player that can actually play a much more influential role.
Whether or not the 23 year old Brazilian player does indeed get offloaded during the winter transfer window is something that only time will tell but the recent lack of playing time that Fabio da Silva has been experiencing in this season is something that AitorKaranka should be considering as his club is currently fighting just to survive in the Premier League and are just a few points away from the relegation zone and by offloading one of his more indistinct players.
Fabio da Silva is set to be absent for 6 weeks after being injured in a game against Fulham.
He injured himself while crossing the ball for a David Nugent goal.
This will be a bad news for the defender who has just signed for Middleborough.
At first, the staff thought that it would be a light injury and that the player will be back in the team after a few days but recent medical reports have shown that the player might be missing up to six weeks.
This will be a bad news for the club that was counting on the player to help them improve at the back. Fabio da Silva has some good experience of the Premier League while playing for Manchester United and would have been an asset for the team at the back.
This is a massive blow for da Silva who was hoping to start his career well in the Premier League. He already missed the game against West Brom and was hoping that he could make his start in the next matches.
Fabio da Silva has stated that he will not let himself discouraged as the season is still long. He believes that he will recover quickly and that he will have an important role to play during the remaining part of the season. He said that he will make everything he can in order to recover quickly and that he will be working hard on the training ground in order to recover his fitness after the injury.
He believes that Middleborough has a good chance to stay in the Premier League this season and that he will be doing everything he can to help the team. He said that there is a good spirit in the team at the moment, and this should help the team improve.
Former Manchester United Left Back Fabio da Silva said the offer from Middlesbrough to return to top flight football since his exit was too good an offer to refuse when they came calling.
The 26-year defender started his career back home playing for a Brazilian side Fluminense. He played in the under-17 team before his switch to play for the Red Devils academy.
Fabio and his brother Raphael played at Old Trafford until their eventual exit from the side. Since his links to Boro and his eventual transfer, he only just revealed why he moved to the newly promoted Premier League side.
“To be back in the Premier League is fantastic. When I arrived [in England] Boro were in the Premier League. I know them well and I know the fans. It’s exciting as well to be given the opportunity to come and play with Middlesbrough,” Fabio said.
After his exploits in United’s first team from 2008 to 2012, he was sent on loan to Queen Park Rangers (QPR) before leaving the club on a free transfer the subsequent year. He has been with Welsh side Cardiff since 2013 until his move to Boro.
On the chances Boro have to remain afloat after this season, he said: “I think [Boro] had a strong team last season already, and have bought some good players. My ambition is to play well and help the team. We are strong enough to stay in the Premier League.” He added that he was excited to return and even recalled a goal he scored against Boro. Last season when Cardiff played Boro at the Riverside, Fabio scored a stunning half volley that eventually on the Goal of the Season at Cardiff. Fabio said he wished he could score that every week but promised to give him best for the team.
Former Jurong midfielder, Fabio da Silva confessed that he learnt a lot from coach Sundramoorthy V. when he was still a rookie coach.
Sundram who has now turned a brilliant coach with his style steeped in pragmatism. He trained a lot of players that make the national team at Young Lions and LionsXII. However, the coach is surprisingly superstitious. The players are known not to cut their nails or their hair on game days to avoid incurring the wrath of Sundram.
The newly appointed head coach of Singapore trained Fabio da Silva who is now a successful school football coach during his days as player-coach in Jurong FC. Fabio said about the coach:
“To him set pieces are the shortest route to scoring goals so we worked on them a lot. And it’s true, you see it paying off in games. I learnt a lot from his set piece preparation. Sundram is a very cleaver coach. He plays smart to win the game, based on killing the opponent’s strengths and playing to ours.”
Sundram said he relished the opportunity to lead the team and could manage the pressure that comes with it. He mentioned that he hopes to perform better in the spotlight as his predecessor Bernd Stange had clashed with local journalists on several occasions.
He said he would be banking on his familiarity with the players to get the best out of them.
Sundram has always been the advocate of winning games first, at any expense. He is known to say that the team could play beautiful football and the players could enjoy it but not at the expense of losing the game. He is also admired for his defensive tag as it helped him lift the Malaysian super League in 2013 with tteh best defensive record. Conceding just 15 goals in 22 games.
Brazilian left-back, Fabio Da Silva who currently plies his trade with Cardiff city in the English Championship League has been missing in action in the past few games for his club.
The Ex-Manchester united, QPR and Fluminense player has played just one in ten matches for Cardiff City in the English championship. The defender missed the first three games at the start of the season, then he went on to switch between left back and right back position for the next seven games. He played just six of the next 12 games largely being missing as he was not even in the squad list. He has played the rest of the games for the club switching the same left back and right back position
This season for Cardiff, he has had fewer opportunities as he was placed in the squad list 33 times of 43 in the English Championship games but has started only eleven.
The club currently sits in seventh position in the English championship league with 64 points fr0m 43 matches played so far.
Recently, the player was named by Warren Joyce when he was talking about the future of Manchester United stars. Warren mentioned that the class of ’92 with David Beckham, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and butt who won the FA Youth cup went on to play in the first team in Old Trafford.
He believes the current crop of Marcus Rashford, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Timothy Fosu-Mensah who have shown potential could go on to get more opportunities at the club. He cited a long list of young players who played at the club in their youth before going on to play elsewhere. Fabio Da Silva was mentioned aside players like Jonny Evans, Tom Cleverly, Danny Welbeck, Danny Drinkwater and others.
Fabio Da silva played for the under-18 squad of the Red Devils in 2007/2008 season before breaking into the first team in the 2008/2009 season. He was sent on loan to QPR on 2012/2013 season before he eventually joined Cardiff on a free transfer.
Former Manchester United full-back is currently playing for Cardiff City where he has become a fan favorite. Signed from Fluminense by Manchester United in 2007, he had to wait for his 18th birthday to be able to play for the Red Devils. He made his first appearance for Manchester United in 2008 coming as a substitute for Patrice Evra in a friendly match.
Since then, he has went on to make 56 appearances for Manchester United and scoring three goals in the process. His first goal for Manchester United came in 2011 where he scored the last goal in his team 4-0 victory over Wigan Athletic.
With Fabio da Silva failing to get regular playing opportunities, Sir Alex Ferguson, the then-manager of Manchester United, decided that he would have to go on loan. In 2012, da Silva went out on loan to Queens Park Rangers where he managed to make 23 appearances and scoring one goal. This helped Fabio Da Silva gain massive experience and develop himself further as a player.
At the end of his loan deal, da Silva returned to Manchester United where he, unfortunately, managed only 3 appearances for the Red Devils. David Moyes, the new manager, decided that da Silva was surplus to requirements and accepted a bid for Cardiff City in 2014. This means that the Brazilian full-back was reunited with his former Manchester United reserve team manager, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.
Ever since his move to Cardiff City, Fabio da Silva has established himself as a first team player and has become a favorite among the fans due to his commitment and his performance. Fabio da Silva scored his first Cardiff City goal on 23rd February with a superb strike against Middlesbrough. Unfortunately, the goal was not enough since Cardiff still lost the game by 3-1.
Russell Slade’s reign in charge of Cardiff City initiated back in October of 2014 and Vincent Tan is already looking for alternatives as Slade is under intense scrutiny after having sustained a number of disappointing results that has turned the future of Russell Slade in serious doubt.
The managerial contract of Slade expires in the summer of this ongoing year and it seems extremely unlikely that he will be offered a contract extension. The supporters of Cardiff City want to see Russell Slade gone and replaced by a new manager as soon as possible and now the owner of the club, Vincent Tan is starting to look at what options he has at his disposal.
Vincent Tan was the man who selected Russell Slade as the new coach of Cardiff City back in 2014 but his time is reaching it’s end and even with the support that Vincent Tan has displayed towards the English manager, it might not be enough for Russell Slade to keep his job.
Cardiff City suffered a 0-1 FA Cup defeat against ShrewsburyTown back in January 10 and this result was a huge blow for Russell Slade as the pressure around him continued to escalate even further after having performed at such a mediocre level.
Even if Russell Slade somehow manages to push Cardiff City into the playoff’s and snatch a promotion spot that would allow the club to compete in the upcoming season of the Premier League, it’s believed and rumored that Slade is still going to be removed from his managerial position as the pressure that the fans of Cardiff City are building is just too much for Vincent Tan and the Malaysian businessman has to make a change happen in next season in order to regain the trust of the fans and help build a better future for Cardiff City and attempt to secure a manager who can get more consistent results with the team.
Dimitar Berbatov has been one of those players who have been rarely sent off in their careers.
But, the Bulgaria international suffered that punishment while appearing for PAOK in the top division Football in Greece last week.
Berbatov, who had come onto the ground only after the half time break, was considered the guilty of deliberately hurting one of the opposition players with his elbow by the referee.
The rules in Greece Football say that in case of a red card, a player can’t take part in the following three games that his team plays.
It means the next game that Berbatov can play now is the Cup game against Panionios which will take place on 11th of February.
As Berbatov is not quite used to these red cards, it was normal for him to be frustrated by that and after the game, he did something which was quite strange.
In a post on social media, Berbatov asked the questions to himself as if he was some media person and then, answered the questions himself too as a player.
He did so reacting to the criticism that had been happening of him after the red card.
In his answers, Berbatov refused to admit that the commitment had been lacking on his part as some people had been saying.
According to Berbatov, he always represents his club with full passion and to blame him for insufficient commitment is quite stupid.
However, Berbatov was of the view that he could have reacted better in that particular situation and possibly could have avoided the red card, but, his nerves got better off him at that point.
The last time that Berbatov had been in a red card scenario was more than a decade back when he was playing for Bayer Leverkusen.